Recently I purchased a 4 pack of Ground Turkey at Costco, and was wondering on what to make. I was watching a show and saw that they were having meatloaf and decided that I should make some also. Although i havent fully started the SCD diet (Breaking the Viscous Cycle) I thought id try something that was SCD legal and a Stage one.
They have a recipe for SCD meatloaf using Beef i believe so i made it using Turkey and altered the recipe a little.
- 1 package Ground Turkey (1-1.5 lbs)
- 1 onion
- 1 carrot
- 1 celery
- 1-2 tomato
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- a little ginger
- salt and pepper to taste
- a little cinnamon
- scd legal ketchup /tomato paste/sauce
- 1 egg
- In a blender combine a tomato and egg blend a little
- add chopped carrots and celery, garlic, ginger, chopped onion
- dont blend too much than itll become liquid, if there is a lot of liquid strain it.
- mix with the ground turkey, add salt a little pepper , cinnamon, and anything you may wish to add spice wise.
- get a shallow pan lined with foil, grease a little, and form the meatloaf. or you can use a meatloaf pan
- spread the homemade scd ketchup or scd tomato paste along with some honey and i also added a little of liquid aminos.
- bake at 350 for around an hour. times may vary.