1) Ground Turkey Cabbage Roll-up
a) Ground Turkey 1lb (can buy the packs at Costco better deal)
i) Dice one onion, and 4-6 cloves of garlic, 2tbs butter until onion cook 4-5 min till onion clear (can also add a little ginger)
ii) Add ground turkey
iii) Cook and stir till juices are gone
iv) Add seasonings of choice (1-2 tbsp of : cumin, curry powder, a tsp of cayenne, some red pepper, 1-2tbsp of sea salt, dried herbs)
v) Also add shredded zucchini (peel and use cheese grater)
(1) Steam cabbage leaves al dente
(2) Pre-heat over to 375
(3) lay down steamed cabbage flat and add a small amount of filling (ground turkey, cut up veggies of choice, spices, sea salt and herbs)
(4) roll – as you would a burrito
(5) line them tightly on a baking dish
(6) pour broth or water to cover about half an inch from the bottom.
(7) Bake covered at about 375 degrees for about 20-30 mins
(8) Check done-ness of turkey/veggies and liquid levels.
(9) If it still needs more time, add just a little bit more boiling liquid and bake for another 10 mins.
(10)Take out. Let rest for 10 mins. Enjoy.
b) CAN also make this ground beef into tacos using taco shells or corn tortillas. Or have the ground turkey with brown rice.
c) Suggested to buy at Costco so you can make the turkey meatballs also